PhD Scholarship Packages for Industry Focused Engineering Graduates
The RTCNDM with the University of Tasmania, DST Group and Austal have assembled the resources to support one further scholarship aimed at transforming the Australian Naval Defence Manufacturing Industry in the areas of design, manufacturing and sustainment.
TWO AVAILABLE PROJECTS
WHAT'S BEING OFFERED
- 1 PhD scholarship package in one of the advertised projects
- Potential internship with the industry partner
- Scholarship recipients will be working on a project submitted by industry
- A scholarship of $30,000 per annum for up to 3.5 years to complete a Doctor of Philosophy in engineering once enrolled at the University of Tasmania.
- Up to $10,000 in project funds.
For the three and half years of doctoral level study the successful applicant will be working full time at the University of Tasmania,under the supervision of the project Investigators from AMC and the industry partners.
- An EOI must be submitted by 15 July 2020 consisting of a CV and cover letter
- The successful applicant is expected to hold an Honours 1 (or equivalent) degree in engineering or science. Postgraduate research experience and outcomes in engineering fields with specific reference to industry application will be highly regarded but not essential
- Applicants should submit CV clearly showing education (with an academic transcript), industry and research experience
- The successful candidate must be prepared to submit a valid application for Australian Security Clearance (for further information, see www.defence.gov.au/security/clearances).
- Candidates will be assessed based on:
- Level of academic achievement in relevant field
- Refereed academic publications (including the quartile of the publications for journal publications)
- Academic award
- Project-specific training
- Contact Professor Jonathan Binns for further information and to submit your EOI, email: Jonathan.Binns@utas.edu.au