PhD Scholarship Packages for Industry Focused Engineering Graduates
The Universities of Tasmania, Wollongong and Flinders, in collaboration with ASC Pty Ltd, Babcock International, PMB Defence Engineering, Thales Australia, DSTO and DMTC were awarded a three-year research grant. Funded by the Australian Research Council, this grant is aimed at transforming the Australian Naval Defence Manufacturing Industry in the areas of design, manufacturing and sustainment.
WHAT'S BEING OFFERED
- 10 PhD scholarship packages
- 12 month internship with the industry partner
- Scholarship recipients will be working on a project submitted by industry
- Eligible to receive a scholarship of $30,746 for three years to complete a Doctor of Philosophy in engineering once enrolled at one of the three universities.
- Generous relocation allowance for the internship placement and project support from multiple participants.
For the three years of doctoral level study the successful applicants will be working full time at one of the Universities, together with three new post doctoral fellows supported by the scheme and under the supervision of the project Chief Investigators from AMC, UoW, FU and the industry partners.
A range of engineering disciplines will be covered in the study programs including mechanical, electrical, control, materials and maritime engineering.
- First round of scholarships closed on 22nd September 2014
- The successful applicants are expected to hold an Honours 1 (or equivalent) degree in engineering or science. Postgraduate research experience in engineering fields with specific reference to industry application will be highly regarded but not essential
- Applicants should submit CV clearly showing education (with an academic transcript), industry and research experience
- Contact Dr Jonathan Binns for further information and sample studies, email: firstname.lastname@example.org